Friday, March 27, 2015

More money coming in and less going out

Making a living not only includes bringing enough money in to cover your needs, it also means changing your tastes and/or standards if your current income can't keep pace with your "wants" or "preferred brands", even if it is a need.

Case in point: I prefer specific laundry detergents and softeners but when the cost of my preferences is out of line with my budget, I must change my preferences and my standards and choose something else to take care of my need. Tonight, while picking up a few essentials at WalMart, I made a great find while cruising the clearance carts: 4 boxes of Purex Crystals Fabric Softener Sheets for $2.00 each.

I checked online while I stood there and found that the 80 Ct box normally goes for $3.00. Many other brands go from $3.97 to $8.00 depending on the brand and location. Using that as my  gauge, I considered $2.00 per box, for a scent I found pleasing, to be an extreme bargain so I bought all 4 boxes.

Considering how much laundry I do and what other softeners that are left at home, I have enough to last the rest of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment